DESTROYING EVERY UNGODLY COVENANT
Scriptures: Genesis 9:11-15, Genesis 15:18, 17:7, Numbers 23:19
A covenant is a contract or an agreement between two parties. Such an agreement is binding on the parties involved and any violation of the terms by either of the parties always attracts some consequences as defined in the contract.
The living God is a covenant keeping God (Deuteronomy 4:31) and there is none like Him. His integrity is attached to His words and this makes it impossible for Him to disappoint or fail once He gives His words regarding an issue. He cannot lie. Numbers 23:19 says, "God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?" Since we are made in God's image and He is a covenant keeping God, we are expected to keep every covenant made with Him.
On the other hand, the adversary is a deceiver. He lures people into covenant relationship by promising what he cannot deliver with the goal of stealing their God given dominion. When anyone enters into a covenant relationship with the devil, such individual surrenders his/her God given authority to the devil. Just as God demands that any covenant made with him be fulfilled even when such covenant is made in haste, so does the devil has absolute right to enforce any covenant made with him. The devil will torment such individual who tries to breach any agreement made with him without mercy.
Some things to know about a covenant are:
- Every covenant has some consequences which must come to pass upon violation by any of the parties involved (Deuteronomy 28: 15-68).
- Exchange of precious things and taking an oath by the parties involved in a covenant places a seal on that covenant (Hebrews 7:22).
- When blood is involved, it is a serious issue. For example, it is a common practice among kids to have a blood covenant as a sign of friendship forever and many have ignorantly brought misery upon themselves as a result of such covenant. Sexual relationship outside marriage is another example.
- Covenants made by generations before you may be binding on you and the generations after you (Exodus 6:5, Hebrews 7:9-10). That's why we need to pray and destroy every ungodly covenant that must have been made in our behalf by generations before us.
- Every covenant made outside God is a violation of God's words (Exodus 23:32)
- God is a covenant keeping God and His covenant stands forever (Deuteronomy 4:31, Exodus 6:5).
- Every covenant outside God can be broken and made of no effect only by the blood of Jesus.
The covenant by blood of Jesus is greater than any other covenant (Matthew 26:28). Only those in Christ are covered by this covenant. If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you have the opportunity to do it now and take advantage of the new covenant by His blood shed on the cross at Calvary for you and me. It is only then you will be able to destroy every past covenant that you must have entered into (Hebrews 7:22, 12:34).
Instructions: This is a serious battle you are about to fight and you may need to accompany your prayer with fasting in other to destroy any evil covenant that may be operational in your life. The Holy Spirit will place in your heart the number of days to that you need to set apart for this purpose.
Confess your sins (or those of generations before you) for breaking God's law by entering into ungodly covenant.
Ask for forgiveness and mercy.
Plead the blood of Jesus upon you and your household. Then pray the following prayers.
I plead the blood of Jesus upon my spirit, soul and body now in Jesus' name.
I bind every demon assigned to enforce any evil covenant in my life in Jesus' name.
I renounce and make of no effect in my life every conscious and unconscious covenant that I have entered to in the past Jesus' name.
I renounce every covenant binding on me as a result of the actions of generations before me in Jesus' name.
Every oath that I have taken (or taken in my behalf) sealing any ungodly covenant in my life, let the blood of Jesus reverse such oath and unseal any such ungodly covenant in Jesus' name (Deuteronomy 29:12)
Every curse that has come upon me as a result of my breaking an ungodly covenant, I command you by the blood of Jesus to be turned into blessings in Jesus' name.
I destroy every covenant binding on me as a result of the actions of anyone in my family line in Jesus' name.
Let the blood of Jesus destroy the foundation of any evil covenant operating in my life in Jesus' name.
Let the fire of the Holy Ghost consume everything in me that is not of God in Jesus' name.
Let the activities of any evil covenant in my life cease from this moment on in Jesus' name.
Let the blood of Jesus destroy every demonic deposit (as a result of evil covenant) in my spirit, soul and body in Jesus' name.
Since I have a new covenant by the blood of Jesus, every blessing that I have lost as a result of any evil covenant must be restored to me seven fold from this day forward in Jesus' name.